christian message boards
I found a link to this page that has the Top 100 Quotes from Christian Message Boards. It’s pretty sad to see some of the ridiculous comments people have left there. There’s some language and the topics can get a bit descriptive, so if you’re easily offended, you may not want to visit the page. Either way, here’s a few of my “favorite”. Anything in [brackets] are my comments.
- One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn’t possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it. [I’m not arguing for evolution, but ever hear of the sun? Massive source of energy.]
- Gravity: Doesn’t exist. If items of mass had any impact of others, then mountains should have people orbiting them. Or the space shuttle in space should have the astronauts orbiting it. Of course, that’s just the tip of the gravity myth. Think about it. Scientists want us to believe that the sun has a gravitation pull strong enough to keep a planet like neptune or pluto in orbit, but then it’s not strong enough to keep the moon in orbit? Why is that? What I believe is going on here is this: These objects in space have yet to receive mans touch, and thus have no sin to weigh them down. This isn’t the case for earth, where we see the impact of transfered sin to material objects. The more sin, the heavier something is. [just like the more you talk, the more foolish you sound]
- [about a girl being born with mental disabilities] This girl is like a leper so what she needs to do is try and find god. if she really believes she can be healed from this state, she will be healed from this state. Most afflictions like this are caused by sins committed while still inside the womb. If she can repent for what she does god will embrace her and make her as human as you or me but if she chooses not to she’ll always be like this
- I can sum it all up in three words: Evolution is a lie
- I often debate with evolutionists because I believe that they are narrow mindedly and dogmatically accepting evolution without questioning it. I don’t really care how God did what He did. I know He did it. [so it’s okay for you to be dogmatically accepting without questioning?]
- If your original Hebrew disagrees with my original King James — your original Hebrew is wrong. If your original Hebrew agrees with my original King James, your original Hebrew is right. [verily, i saw unto thee. thou hast no understanding of translation]
- You are banned. You are not a Christian for Christians don’t accuse brothers and sisters in Christ of being non-Christian.
- A woman wants to abort a rape child? She should have thought of that before she walked down that dark alley without a male prescence, not to mention she should have thought before putting on revealing attire. [and we wonder why people don’t like “Christians”]
- “Make sure your answer uses Scripture, not logic.” [why? because God isn’t logical?]
- Everyone knows scientists insist on using complex terminology to make it harder for True Christians to refute their claims. Deoxyribonucleic Acid, for example… sounds impressive, right? But have you ever seen what happens if you put something in acid? It dissolves! If we had all this acid in our cells, we’d all dissolve! So much for the Theory of Evolution, Check MATE! [just because you use “complex terminology” like “Check mate” doesn’t make you right]
- Me and like-minded Christian students are trying to organize a mock stoning of openly gay students at our campus. We will be using crumpled up gray/brown construction paper to represent rocks, and will recite bible verses in opposition to their sinful nature. We will throw a volley or two of these “rocks” at every Gay person we happen to encounter that day. [this is awful]
- Jesus is not a Jew. Jesus was Jewish
I’m saddened and shocked by the heartless, thoughtless, mean, disgusting, and ignorant statements made here. It’s just pathetic that there are people who have such a poor understanding of the Word of God. Most of these comments are just completely ignorant and devoid of any reason or logic. They are miles away from the life and teachings of Jesus who’s words of condemnation were not directed at the Romans and the pagans, but to the religious elite (the Pharisees) and the rich.
My desire as a minister is to teach and train young people so they can adequately understand and express their faith in a way that is marked with experience, thoughtful reasoning and love.