campus missionary training
For seven weeks, our students will read through G5: Growing in the Five Commitments of a Campus Missionary with the goal of training them and preparing them to reach their schools. In August, just before school starts, we’ll call them forward during a Sunday morning service, pray for them and commission them to be missionaries to their campus.
Today’s session was introductory, but I went over the 5 things a Campus Missionary commits to do:
- PRAY daily for friends, teachers, school administrators, and others who need Jesus’ hope.
- LIVE a real, consistent Christian faith by reading, studying, and memorizing God’s Word and spending time in personal worship.
- TELL her/his friends about Jesus.
- SERVE in or begin an active campus club.
- GIVE time and finances to promote Jesus’ hope globally.
I’m looking forward to the next two months and I’m trusting they’ll catch the vision for reaching out in their schools.