traffic tuesday #6 – tailgating
Tailgating is fun when you buy food and have a little party off of the back end of your car before a sporting event. It’s not so fun when your driving down the road and someone behind you decides to try to play “Let’s see how close we can get to the person in front of us.”
Now, before I continue, I must make a startling confession. I have a problem with today’s traffic topic. So instead of ranting against this behavior (which I should), I’ll speak for it. Here are five completely valid reasons why it’s okay.
- You’re in a hurry and you honestly believe that driving ten feet closer to the person in front of you will get you to your destination faster. Ten feet faster.
- You want to read the funny, anecdotal bumper sticker on the car.
- You’re checking to make sure that their license plate tags haven’t expired (because you’re a concerned citizen).
- You’re practicing your drafting skills for the Nascar Race you daydream about.
- You believe “driving defensively” means “man on man” instead of “zone”.